Ask us...we're here to
help @your Library!®
HISD Library Services are facilitated through the Learning Resources Department within the Curriculum & Instruction Division. Library Services staff support the district mission and assist to ensure equity of access to available library resources for all members of the HISD learning community by providing:
- Support and assistance to campuses in creation of exemplary library programs based upon local, state, and national library standards;
- Coordination of professional development opportunities for library personnel;
- Maintenance of the resources and user information databases in the district union catalog of approximately 288,000 items and approximately 37,000 patrons.
- Cataloging assistance for newly acquired library items;
- Mentorship of new librarians;
- Promotion of the library program and awareness of library services and resources available through the district's libraries to all learners.